What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is a digital wallet and mobile payments service that lets your customers pay quickly and securely online, in-store or in iOS apps. Globally, over 440 million shoppers use Apple Pay on Apple’s various devices including on the iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, and Mac.
Accept Apple Pay online and you’ll open your business to hundreds of millions of customers in over 35 countries who love the convenience of paying digitally. Future-proof your business with no extra fees, and provide a frictionless checkout experience that helps you stand out from the competition.
Apple Pay speeds up the buying process and removes friction at the checkout, allowing your customers to pay in-app, online and in person. And there are a host of benefits merchants will love:
- High authorization rates and increased sales: Enjoy higher approval ratios across all your checkouts, encouraging people to spend more with you.
- Seamless checkout experience: Customers using Apple Pay stay within your checkout flow for the entire transaction, instead of being redirected to a third-party site.
- Enhanced payment security: Apple’s Touch ID lets shoppers authenticate purchases with a single touch, and enhances payment security by combining tokenization with biometric cardholder verification.
- Zero transaction fees: Pay no extra fees when your customers use Apple Pay to buy from you.
How to accept Apple Pay online
To use Apple Pay, your customers first add and authenticate their payment cards within their Apple Pay accounts. They can then use any iOS device to pay contactlessly in your store, or via a simple 3-step process when purchasing online on your website.
1. Shopper selects Apple Pay at the checkout.
2. Shopper authorizes the payment with a pre-defined method (Password, Touch ID or Face ID).
3. Shopper sees the confirmation page.
Apple Pay works with most global card issuers and payment providers, including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and more.
If you’re PCI-compliant and have already integrated Apple Pay into your business, all you need to do is integrate with Payvision via a server-to-server connection, and you’ll be able to accept all major cards with us via our acquiring engine.
Learn all the details you need to know in our developer documentation. We’ve also got a dedicated support team on standby to help with any issues you might have.