What is Google Pay?
Google Pay is a digital wallet used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide to checkout from any Google product without having to enter their payment details each time.
Supporting Google Pay gives your customers a simple, secure way to pay in millions of places around the globe, whether they’re shopping online, in-store, in-app and more. And the best part? It’s completely free to use, for you and your shoppers alike
Google Pay makes it easy for your customers to leave their wallets at home and manage their payment accounts whenever, wherever, using their favourite devices. Plus there are a host of benefits merchants will love:
- High authorization rates and increased sales: Enjoy higher approval ratios across all your checkouts, encouraging more store visits and money spent with you.
- Seamless checkout experience: Customers using Google Pay stay within your checkout flow for the entire transaction, instead of being redirected to a third-party site. This makes for frictionless transactions which can lead to higher conversions.
- Zero transaction fees: Pay no extra fees when your customers use Google Pay to buy from you.
How to accept Google Pay online
To use the Google Pay method, your customers first add and authenticate their payment cards within their Google accounts. They can then use the Google Pay app to pay contactlessly in your store, or via a simple 3-step process when purchasing online on your website.
1. Shopper selects Google Pay at the checkout.
2. Shopper authorizes payment using a pre-defined method (fingerprint, PIN, pattern or password).
3. Shopper sees the confirmation page.
To get on board Google Pay, you’ll need to ensure your business is PCI compliant and connected to the Google Pay API.
After that, all you need to do is integrate with Payvision through a server-to-server connection, and you can start accepting all major cards via our acquiring engine.
Learn all the details you need to know in our developer documentation. We’ve also got a dedicated support team on standby to help with any issues you might have.