What is AfterPay?
AfterPay allows your shoppers to buy first and pay later, or pay for their purchases in arrears. In other words, your customers can inspect items before paying, and feel more comfortable shopping with your brand.
Since its introduction in 2010, AfterPay has become the most widely used post-payment system in the Netherlands, with over 6,000 online shops in acceptance, and millions of users across Europe.
With AfterPay, you’re guaranteed to receive payments, with no risk to your business. Give your customers more payment freedom, and watch your sales soar.
More and more shoppers are choosing to pay in arrears. Because AfterPay is already a familiar and trusted payment method with a wide user base, getting on board means you’ll be able to expand your reach to a broader customer network and grow your business even more.
You’ll also enjoy:
- Guaranteed payments and zero risk: AfterPay bears the risk of default or non-payment by the customer, so your payments are always guaranteed.
- Freeing your hands from additional admin work: AfterPay collects payment from your customers and takes care of all post-payment invoicing.
- Higher conversion rates: AfterPay gives your shoppers the assurance of only having to pay when they are satisfied with their purchase. Thanks to this security, AfterPay lowers inhibitions, which increases conversions by an average of 15% if it’s available as a payment method.
How does AfterPay work for businesses?
When your customers choose AfterPay at the checkout, they get taken to their AfterPay account to log in with their credentials. Through a series of checks using various data sources, AfterPay conducts a real-time risk assessment and determines if the customer is eligible to postpay. Once the order is accepted, you’re guaranteed full payment of the order amount.
Once AfterPay approves the purchase, you can immediately process the order and release the final invoice to AfterPay. They take care of invoicing your customers, and pay out the balances you’re due.
AfterPay’s fees are automatically deducted from the total amount, and you pay low fees per successful transaction when you process with Payvision.
1. Shopper selects AfterPay and proceeds with the payment. They are then redirected to the AfterPay page or app.
2. Shopper fills in personal details for AfterPay to assess eligibility for the payment.
3. Once purchase is approved, shopper is redirected back to the merchant page.
How to set up AfterPay for businesses
Merchants must first set up an account AfterPay in order to offer it as a payment method, and we’ll make the rest easy as pie.
Integrate AfterPay into your e-commerce platform with our simple API. Alternatively, get on board using our Plugins or integrate AfterPay directly into your checkout.
Learn all the details you need to know about our integration options here. We’ve also got all the documentation you need, and a dedicated support team standing by for any issues you might have.
With 30% of shoppers choosing post-payment for their purchases, there’s no time like the present to make AfterPay a part of your business.