What is the Sofort payment method?
Sofort banking allows your European customer base to pay for your goods and services securely via bank transfer. Similar to the iDeal payment method, Sofort lets your customers authorize payments directly from their preferred bank accounts. It’s a highly popular payment method in a growing number of countries in the EU, and is currently available in Germany, Austria, Poland, Switzerland, Belgium, Italy, Spain and more.
Sofort banking payments are also known as Pay now, since it was acquired by Klarna in 2014.
Supporting Sofort banking payments lets you extend your business in Europe and reach shoppers in the region’s major cities. Enjoy lowered fraud risk levels, and get paid within minutes with low fees per successful transaction.
Sofort payments lets European consumers access more products and services while being able to pay in local currencies, making it a great option for merchants who want to sell outside of the Netherlands.
- Being part of a preferred payments network: On average, 3 million transactions are made every month with more than 35,000 online merchants currently offering Sofort payments.
- Higher conversion rates: the Sofort payment method is a trusted way to pay, and is used more than credit cards in certain countries.
- Lower fraud risk levels: Customers must authenticate payments with their banks, lowering the risk of disputes or chargebacks.
Your customers enjoy:
- Peace of mind: knowing that paying with Sofort banking means their transactions are TÜV certified and 100% secure.
- A delightful payments experience: using a highly popular and preferred payment method, in an environment they’re familiar with.
- Instant usage: with no need to create an account, enter any card numbers, or store any personal details, Sofort payments let your shoppers use existing online banking details to make fuss-free purchases.
How do Sofort payments work?
Paying with Sofort banking is easy as can be. At the checkout, your customers can simply choose the country they’re in, as well as their preferred bank using a sort code. They’ll then be able to log in and authorize Sofort payments directly from their accounts and receive confirmation once successful.
Once through, Sofort payments can’t be reversed, so you can process orders immediately. Transaction security is guaranteed by your customer’s bank, which lowers your risk of fraud.
1. Shopper selects Sofort at the checkout, and are then redirected to Sofort to choose their preferred bank.
2. Shopper enters account details, checks payment details and authorizes the payment.
3. Once purchase is approved, the shopper is redirected back to the merchant page.
How to accept Sofort payments
Payvision makes it simple to integrate the Sofort payment method into your business, quickly and securely, so you can start getting paid with no hassles.
Integrate via Plugins
Install a plugin into your e-commerce environment and start receiving payments immediately. We’re currently supporting Magento, Salesforce, WooCommerce and Lightspeed.
Choose from our Full Redirection method or Embedded method of integrating Sofort payments, and we’ll take care of the complete checkout process for you.
Alternatively, create a server-to-server link to our simple but powerful Payments API, or send a Payment Link to your customers to request Payments.
Learn all the details you need to know about our integration options here.
We’ve also got all the documentation you need, and a dedicated support team on standby to help with any issues you might have.